We are innovators in nature
For over 30 years our research has been dedicated to developing processes to transform agricultural wastes into paper pulp without causing any harm to nature. In 2013 our vision came to fruition with the development of EcoPulping, an innovative low carbon pulping process to transform any straw surplus (wheat, barley, oat) and other agricultural residues into unbleached paper pulp to be used to produce paper or packaging (cardboard, fluting, moulded packaging, food packaging etc).
EcoPulping is an easily scalable environmentally-friendly process :
- using up to 50% less energy than conventional processes
- using 95% less water – the liquid and chemicals are re-used in a closed-loop system
- reducing costs of equipment and running of the production plants
- giving value to the by- products of the process
- avoiding straw to be pre-chopped therefore giving the possibility to use a cheaper wet straw
Nafici designs and licenses small or large scale EcoPulping Mills that can be installed as independent units or retrofitted to an existing paper mill to produce marketable unbleached straw pulp to be used in all different types of paper or packaging products.
This new process not only reduces waste and carbon emissions but adds a significant new income stream to farm businesses which can sell the straw even with high moisture content (top bales).